The goal of the League of Women Voters
is to empower citizens to shape better communities worldwide.
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political membership organization which does not support or oppose candidates or parties. We do:
The League of Women Voters Education Fund
- act after study and member agreement to achieve solutions in the public interest on key community issues at all government levels
- build citizen participation in the democratic process.
- engage communities in promoting positive solutions to public policy issues through education and advocacy.
is a nonpartisan public policy educational organization which does not support or oppose candidates or parties. We do:
- build citizen participation in the democratic process
- study key community issues at all governmental levels in an unbiased manner
- enable people to seek positive solutions to public policy issues through education and conflict management.
We believe in:
- respect for individuals
- the value of diversity
- the empowerment of the grassroots, both within the League and in communities
- act with trust, integrity and professionalism
- operate in an open and effective manner to meet the needs of those we serve, both members and the public
- take the initiative in seeking diversity in membership
- acknowledge our heritage as we seek our path to the future.